Sunday 10 July 2011

Be the person YOU want to find.



"Be the person you want to find..."

Before the year began, like literally 'New Year's Eve' before, I said a prayer asking God to bless me and make 2011 my year. Prior to that, the thought of turning 20 always seemed odd to me, like I would be stuck between being a young girl and growing into a mature woman. This year I have begun to recognise the things that are of value and importance to me in my life as well as the behaviours and situations I need to disregard to become the person I want to be.

The most important change for me this year is how much more closer to God I feel & my strength in faith. If it wasn't for my family, cousins, my friend Esther, and the family and friends I met in the US I probably wouldn't have grown spiritually as much as I have now. For that, I am so thankful for their lives its indescribable. Like I once read before, 'it is not the love happening in your life that matters, but the love happening in your heart."

Even all the negative attitudes I have faced or witnessed have proven to me how that mentality can hinder blessings in life... It has also shown me the type of people I need to associate with and put my trust in, in order to become the person I want to be.

love & light...♥

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis